Monday 30 April 2012

Favourites of the Day: April 30th

  

1. Video Games - Lana Del Rey:
Great song. Great voice. Have a listen and let me know what you think.

2. Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup:
I received a sample of this from the Bay and am already in love. It's perfect for Summer because it's extremely lightweight/not thick or heavy feeling/looking at all. It's a sheer coverage, but still plenty of coverage, especially if you have fairly clear skin to begin with. You can pick a shade that matches your skin-hue and then it is supposed to blend/match to your exact skin-tone. It definitely matched my skin perfectly - not too light and not too dark. Also, it's not greasy/oily, which is another plus for Summer foundation. You can get it at the Bay, and likely online and at other stores/malls that carry Estee Lauder products for about $35.00

  3. Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis:
 This is a great book. It's also a super easy/quick read. I highly recommend it. It's slightly depressing but meant to capture the L.A party scene in the 1980's (it was published in 1985). Bret Easton Ellis (who is better known for American Psycho - later turned into the movie with Christian Bale) wrote/published Less Than Zero when he was only 21. If I could describe this book in one word? Apathetic.
The Chapters.ca Blurb: Set in Los Angeles in the early 1980''s, this coolly mesmerizing novel is a raw, powerful portrait of a lost generation who have experienced sex, drugs, and disaffection at too early an age, in a world shaped by casual nihilism, passivity, and too much money a place devoid of feeling or hope. Clay comes home for Christmas vacation from his Eastern college and re-enters a landscape of limitless privilege and absolute moral entropy, where everyone drives Porches, dines at Spago, and snorts mountains of cocaine. He tries to renew feelings for his girlfriend, Blair, and for his best friend from high school, Julian, who is careering into hustling and heroin. Clay''s holiday turns into a dizzying spiral of desperation that takes him through the relentless parties in glitzy mansions, seedy bars, and underground rock clubs and also into the seamy world of L.A. after dark.
Have any of you read Less Than Zero? Have you read any other Brett Easton Ellis Books? What are some of your favourite Books?

4. Overgrown Ivy:
Overgrown Ivy reminds me of the Secret Garden. It just makes a garden/house feel so magical. I know it's sort of a "weed" but I love it. I would be more than happy for it to take over the side of my door!

 5. Leopard Loafers:
I think these loafers are so fun! I don't own a pair - but I am on the hunt! I'm sure I can find some at F21 or H&M so I will have to go look into that..... Paired with some cuffed skinnies I think these would be super fun and adorable. Do any of you know where to find a pair of these? 

9 comments:

  1. I really wanted to try out that foundation but wasn't sure it would be worth the money! Definitely going to try it now though :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing it throughout the week and am loving it! It's really lightweight/sheer - hence "invisible"

      If you're unsure, I don't know if they still have the sample-promo at the Bay but maybe if you ask at the Estee Lauder counter they might give you a small sample to try out before buying it :)

      Delete
  2. my sister has a pair of leopard loafers! I am not an animal print kinda girl personally, but she rocks them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like most animal prints either, but love love love leopard print! I will have to find myself a pair...

      Delete
  3. Hello! Great favorites! Love the Leopard shoes...so cute! I just gave you an award...check out my blog Luv! XO :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I've been trying to find a book to read recently! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty depressing/heavy, so not good if you're looking for a light/happy summer read, but, that said still a really good book - I loved it!

      Delete

I ♥ reading all your comments & always try to reply to them all, so check back within a couple days!!